Our partner South Asia Democratic Forum (SADF) is looking for a Research Assistant located in Brussels, Belgium.
- SADF is a think tank with four to five permanent staff members based in Brussels, one to two temporary interns and two part-time non-resident associates. It works in cooperation with its main member, ARCHumankind, and with a consultancy LessMeansMore.
- The research assistant will work directly with the director.
- Assist in SADF research
- Participate in internal and external communications (writing press releases and reports, and manage social media pages)
- Assist the publications outflow of the think tank
- Assist the development of website content and graphic design activities (SADF publication series, conference and seminars posters)
- Support the organisation of events/conferences/expert roundtables (concept and logistics)
- Assist with daily administrative tasks (agenda setting, preparations of missions, business trip bookings, etc.)
- Assist with day-to-day issues of the office
- As far as other tasks allow, to develop own research.
- Native level of fluency and strong writing skills in English (working-level French or/and Dutch are considered an asset);
- Trustworthiness and flexibility;
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Legal availability for a permanent working contract based in Brussels following Belgian law
- Master’s degree, preference in Economics, Political Science, International Relations or International Law; intention to engage in a PhD is a plus;
- Knowledge of or strong interest in South Asian affairs is a plus
- Driving licence is a plus
When applying, please provide a detailed CV and a cover letter that clearly explains 1) why you are interested in working for SADF; 2) when you would be available to start; 3) your salary expectations.
This position will start on 1 March 2019. To apply please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying in the subject line ‘Research Assistant Application’ before 13 February 2019 at 17:00 UCT.